THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - FACILITY OPERATOR
EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Classification: Facility Operator (Arena Maintenance)
Department: Community Services
Location: 7 Tim Horton Drive, Cochrane, Ontario
Immediate Supervisor: Operations Supervisor
Rate of Pay/Benefits: Per Collective Agreement (2021 rates: $26.87-$28.13)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, shift work, evenings and/or weekends required
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
Dated: October 12, 2021
The Facility Operator is responsible for recreational facilities which includes, but not limited to: the arena, pool, halls, soccer fields, ball diamonds, pavilions, play structures, beach house, parks, and trails. Duties include: performing custodial functions; building and equipment maintenance and minor repair; ice and pool maintenance; responding appropriately and in a timely manner to queries and problems; building opening and closing functions; ensuring facility cleanliness and safety at all times for all users; and providing exceptional customer service related to all recreation facilities. Providing administrative assistants and input as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Minimum Grade 12 education with 2 years experience in a municipal or related field or equivalent with respect to the operation and maintenance of various facilities.
- Must possess a valid “DZ” license or willing to obtain within the first 6 months as a condition of employment.
- Basic Refrigeration certification or designated Certified Ice Technician, and Pool Operator’s Certificate are definite assets.
- Training in WIMIS, First Aid, and CPR required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both official languages, French and English, is a definite asset.
- Valid Criminal Record Check
Professional Development Requirements:
It is expected that the successful candidate will enrol and succeed in annual professional development courses outlined by the department Director in order to obtain professional designations in refrigeration, pool operations, turf maintenance, and facility maintenance, if such designations are not yet possessed by the candidate.
Interested candidates wishing to apply are to do so in writing, in a sealed envelope, clearly mark “Facility Operator” and addressed to Jason Boyer, Director of Community Services before 2:00 p.m. on October 22nd, 2021.
The above represents only a brief description of the general requirements for the position. Those wishing to apply are encouraged to obtain a detailed job description. A detailed job specification can be picked up and applications are to be dropped off at the Tim Horton Events Centre Cochrane Ontario between the hours of 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday.