THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Employment Opportunity - Human Resources Manager
The Town of Cochrane is a progressive community situated in the heart of the Great Claybelt of Northeastern Ontario and is currently accepting applications for the position of Human Resources Manager.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Human Resources Manager is responsible for the strategy, development, implementation, and management of the overall Human Resources and Health & Safety functions at the Municipality. The role is responsible for developing and implementing new and revised corporate Human Resources and Health & Safety policies, programs, and procedures. The HR Manager provides guidance and recommendations to the CAO, Directors, managers and leaders regarding HR and Health & Safety policies, procedures, and employee relations. The role is responsible for the management and administration of all HR and Health & Safety activities.
- Completion of a three- or four-year post-secondary education in business administration, human resources, occupational health and safety or other related field or an equivalency in years of experience and education may be considered.
- A minimum of 5-7 years related progressive experience in a human resource and or occupational health and safety environment, preferably in a unionized municipal or public sector setting.
- Solid understanding of human resources administrative principles, practices, and techniques as well as a comprehensive knowledge of relevant Ontario legislation, regulations and collective agreements.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) and/or The Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) certification would be considered an asset.
- Possesses a valid Ontario class G driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Compensation – $85,000 to $95,000 plus comprehensive package of benefits.
A complete job description is available at the Municipal Office, 171 Fourth Avenue, Cochrane, Ontario during normal office hours or by clicking the link below. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by emailing a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 3:00 p.m., local time, on June 1, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Corporation of the Town of Cochrane
171 Fourth Avenue
Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
Tel: (705) 272-4361 Fax: (705) 272-6068