EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - LEAD MECHANIC
The Town of Cochrane is looking for an individual to fill the above noted position. The Lead Mechanic will perform skilled tasks in the mechanical repair and maintenance of vehicles and equipment. Through the effective management of priorities, resources and efficiencies, the lead mechanic will ensure the ongoing success of the municipal garage and equipment availability. Responsibilities will include leading staff members in safe work methods and policies, as well as the identification and correction of potential work hazards, including health and safety issues.
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a supervisor or lead hand in a maintenance or repair shop environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Red Seal Certification in Truck and Coach.
- Experience in Heavy Equipment repairs
- Experience on reefers and A/C
- Experience on welding
- Completion of college/vocational or technical training.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Proven mechanical abilities in an industrial environment.
- Ability to work independently
A complete job description is available at the Municipal Office, 171 Fourth Avenue, Cochrane, Ontario, during normal office hours or by clicking the button below.
Persons wishing to apply should forward a letter along with a resume by email to either the undersigned firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com clearly marked in the subject line “Employment – Lead Mechanic.” up to and including Friday, September 27th, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
We thank all applicants who apply, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Afin d’obtenir de l’information en français, veuillez communiquer au 705-272-4361
Jean Pierre Cousineau, Human Resources Manager
The Corporation of the Town of Cochrane
171 Fourth Avenue
Cochrane, Ontario P0L 1C0
Tel: (705) 272-4361 – Fax: (705) 272-6068