THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - MAINTENANCE COORDINATOR
Job Title: Maintenance Coordinator (Full Time)
Department: Polar Bear Habitat
Hours of Work: This is full-time. There will be mostly daytime work with some evening/weekend hours.
Salary: As per PBH approved budget
Immediate Supervisor: Manager/ Director
Job Summary: The Maintenance Coordinator will be responsible for all “back of house” operations of the Polar Bear Habitat site.
The Corporation of the Town of Cochrane prides itself on fostering an environment of collaboration and respect and are looking for dedicated qualified candidate to join our team at the Polar Bear Habitat
Reporting to the Manager/ Director, the Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day maintenance and completing various tasks in department while working in a team setting alongside other team members, Bear Keepers, as well as being able to work with minimal supervision.
Position demands the ability to interact effectively with agencies and the public, including but not limited to media, government, foundations and the Polar Bear Habitat committee and/or Boards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Landscape maintenance (including lawn mowing and gardening)
- Snow removal.
- Waste Management.
- Deliveries and off-loading of trucks, etc.
- Assists Zookeepers with polar bear maintenance and, sometimes, training.
- Constructs/builds/renovates/maintains existing buildings and/or new restaurant and/or PBH buildings.
- Maintenance Budget with Store/Site Supervisor and PBH Manager
- Purchase Orders for maintenance related PBH Supplies including heating fuels, tools, building supplies, maintenance supplies, etc. (with Store/Site Supervisor)
- Coordination of trades people, service suppliers and/or contractors.
- Assistance with supervision of Summer Students (with Store/Site Supervisor)
- Execution of emergency protocols if/when necessary.
- Fill-in Manager on weekends and when Manager and/or Store/Site Supervisor is away.
- Assistance with Coordination of displays and items in Heritage Village and Snowmobile Museum.
- Follows the priorities established through the PBH Committee and PBH Manager and implements policies and procedures derived from the Strategic Plan and similar directives.
- Janitorial duties.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a valid class “G” Driver’s License
- Training in WHMIS, First Aid, CPR or related courses is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in both French and English is an asset.
- Personal suitability and satisfactory physical condition.
- Maintenance of small equipment experience (snow blowers, lawn mowers, heaters, generators, winterizing and/or spring opening, etc.) required.
- Construction/building experience required.
- Park and/or tourist attraction maintenance experience required.
- Museum display experience an asset.
- Ability to be flexible, work independently and in a team environment.
- Willing to work weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to perform manual labour, including bending, stooping, reaching and lifting.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with other staff and project participants.
The above represents only a brief description of the general requirements for the Maintenance Coordinator position. Interested candidate are encouraged writing, and email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Maintenance Coordinator, before 1:00 p.m on Friday, November 27th, 2020.