THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Position Title: Arena Maintenance (Facility Operator)
Department: Community Services
Location: 7 Tim Horton Drive, Cochrane, Ontario
Classification: Temporary, shift work, evenings and/or weekends required
Immediate Supervisor: Operations Supervisor
Rate of Pay/Benefits: Per Collective Agreement
Hours of Work: Flexible and as required
Dated:October 2, 2020
The Facility Operator is responsible for recreational facilities, including the arena, pool, halls, soccer fields, ball diamonds, pavilions, play structures, beach house, parks, and trails. Duties include: performing custodial functions; building and equipment maintenance and minor repair; ice and pool maintenance; responding appropriately and promptly to queries and problems; building opening and closing functions; ensuring facility cleanliness and safety at all times for all users, and providing exceptional customer service related to all recreation facilities. Provides administrative assistants and input as required.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- 2 years’ experience in facility maintenance and operations or equivalent.
- Basic Refrigeration certification or designated Certified Ice Technician, and Pool Operator’s Certificate are definite assets.
- Training in WIMIS, First Aid, and CPR required.
- DZ drivers licence, or willing to obtain within the first 6 months
- The ability to communicate effectively in both official languages, French and English, is a definite asset.
- Valid Criminal Record Check
Professional Development Requirements:
It is expected that the successful candidate will enrol and succeed in annual professional development courses outlined by the department Director to obtain professional designation in refrigeration, pool operations and facility maintenance if the candidate does not yet possess such designations.
Employees wishing to apply must do so by sending in their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly mark in the subject line “Casual – Facility Operator” before 2:00 p.m. on October 20th, 2020.