THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Employment Opportunity - Temporary Talent Pool
Temporary Employee- Labourer
Hours of Work:
Flex Hours, varies based on operational requirement
Infrastructure Services- Different locations
Municipal Engineering staff
Temporary Employee. Up to 12 months contract, working hours per weeks varies based on operational requirements.
August 20, 2020
The Corporation of the Town of Cochrane is engaging in a new initiative to enhance service level to its communities. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment of collaboration and respect and are looking for dedicated qualified candidate to join us.
Please note that, when you apply to this add, you are not applying for a specific job, but to an inventory for future vacancies. As positions become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
- General labourer and maintenance duties as required.
- Complying with Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulation at the workplace, for self and fellow workers.
- The position is to maintain open effective communication with the supervisor.
- The successful applicant is required to work and be available to work variable hours
Education/Qualification/Experience and Skills:
- Must possess a valid Class G driving licence with good outstanding records
- Minimum of Grade 12 education and above
- Three years of demonstrated municipal experience or in a directly related environment
- Training on safety procedures to be alone in the wild and dealing with wildlife is an asset.
- Excellent communications and customer services dealing with public experience
- Working in independent work environment under minimal supervision
- Ability to left weight up to 80 Ib
- Working in hard cold and heat environments
- Heavy equipment operator training is an asset.
- Training in WIMIS, First Aid, Chain Saw etc. definite assets.
- Previous Landfill experience considered an asset.
The above represents only a brief description of the general requirements. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Temporary Employee” attention Emad Zaineh-Director of Human Resources.
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role and only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.