THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Employment Opportunity - Water and Wastewaster Operator Class 1
Full Time position Water & Wastewater Operator Class 1
Classification: Full-Time Permanent
Hours of Work: 40 Hours, varies based on operational requirement
Department: Infrastructure Services
Location: Cochrane, Ontario
Immediate Supervisors: Infrastructure Supervisor/ ORO
Position Status: Open until suitable candidate is found
Salary As per the Collective Agreement
The Corporation of the Town of Cochrane is engaging in a new initiative to enhance service level to its communities. We pride ourselves on fostering an environment of collaboration and respect and are looking for dedicated qualified candidate to join us.
The Town of Cochrane is looking for water and wastewater operator to join their team to in Cochrane, Ontario
Reporting to the Infrastructure Supervisor, and ORO, the Water and Wastewater Operator is responsible for ensuring the safe and compliant delivery of water and wastewater services for the Town of Cochrane. The Water and Wastewater Operator will Operate a water treatment plant, wastewater treatment plant, maintenance of a distribution system and collection system on a rotation. The Water and Wastewater Operator will also be on call on a rotation basis.
- Maintaining the safe operations and integrity of the water and wastewater plant
- Daily Rounds of Facilities
- Testing and sampling for the systems and the plants
- Perform appropriate adjustments to chemical feed rates and mixing of chemicals
- Maintenance at the plants
- Maintaining the safe operations and integrity of the distribution and collection system
- Hydrant flushing, leak detection, valve exercising, Manhole inspections, Sanitary Sewer Flushing
- Water Main repairs and Wastewater main repairs
- Flush Blocked Sewers
- Interaction with public and ability to handle their concerns (after hour’s calls)
- Perform lead hand duties
- Valid Water Treatment Class 1, Water Distribution Class 1, Wastewater Treatment Class 1 and Wastewater Collection Class 1.
- Must possess a valid Chlorine handling certificate
- Knowledge and experience with SCADA systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work load and perform tasks without direct supervision
- A valid Class “D” license with “Z” endorsement
- Required to be on-call 24 hours a day on a weekly rotation
- Training in WHMIS, CPR, First Aid or related courses is an asset.
- A Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Check is required for this position prior to the commencement date.
The above represents only a brief description of the general requirements. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by email their resumes to email@example.com with subject line “Water & Wastewater Operator Class 1” attention Emad Zaineh-Director of Human Resources. Before noon time on June 30th, 2021
Once you apply, we’ll review your resume to determine if your skills and experience match the qualifications for the role and only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps. If you move forward, the process may include an interview, written/practical test, and reference check.
Download a copy of the document here:
Water operator- Class 1