THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Information Communications Technology (ICT) Manager
Job Summary: Oversees and is responsible for all IT strategic and tactical planning, budgeting, deployment, security and support for Cochrane Telecom Services, Northern Ontario Wires and the Corporation of the Town of Cochrane; and other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Excellent communication skills, in both English and French with senior management and staff alike.
2. Superior sense and respect of confidentiality and ability to secure and maintain trust across all departments.
3. Ability to manage senior heads of departments and staff from an IT perspective.
4. Ability to prepare and report on budgets and work within them.
5. Ability to create and manage projects for timely delivery.
6. Detailed knowledge of cloud solutions and Cisco security platforms and firewalls.
7. Knowledge of and ability to manage VPN and remote desktop access
8. Oversee Website functionality and development.
9. Optimize the use of Facebook, Twitter, etc. for business purposes.
10. Conduct capacity planning for network bandwidth, storage requirements, messaging, Web sites, and other applications.
11. Plan, develop, and manage all IT services, programs, and support throughout the enterprise. Specifically;
12. Maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Northstar customer information system. This system is comprised of two (2) HP Proliant ML350 servers running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise and Standard Edition.
13. Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade NISC telephone information billing system. This is based on Oracle and located in house on Microsoft server.
14. Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade workstations, printers, and networking equipment in all (4) locations supporting circa 75 staff.
15. Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Microsoft Exchange 2003 Email Server with migration to cloud based Office 365 Platform.
16. Maintain, troubleshoot and upgrade Network Fax Server.
17. Create and maintain daily, monthly, yearly and periodic NISC and Northstar back-ups.
18. Design, implement and purchase all Information Technology systems for Cochrane Telecom Services and Northern Ontario Wires. Assist in the design, implementation and purchases for Town of Cochrane departments.
19. Maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot all software used for Cochrane Telecom Services, Northern Ontario Wires and Town of Cochrane departments.
20. Answer telephone and handle day-to-day technical inquiries and requests from customers.
21. Liaise between customers and telephone crew for installations and support.
22. Create status reports as required, present findings to senior management.
23. Assist with technical support for all Internet customers, including hardware and software troubleshooting over the phone. Ability to manage and report on bandwidth management.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Post secondary diploma or equivalent is an asset in computer science or related field;
- Experience working in the Telecommunications field, Internet Service Provider
- Excellent computer skills required;
- Knowledge of MS Exchange, MS Server and MS SQL;
- Valid driver’s license – Class G;
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills required;
- Confidentiality is required – bondable;
- Five years’ minimum experience in a computer environment is required;
- Knowledge of utility field is an advantage; and
- Bilingualism is required (English and French).
- Travel may be required
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of networked environment (LAN);
- Knowledge of Microsoft and Unix Operating Systems;
- Knowledge of physical and virtual servers;
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Internet/ email/ website/ scripting software knowledge
- Social media expertise
- Experience and knowledge of troubleshooting internet and computer issues.
- Experience and knowledge of routers & firewalls; Cisco and WatchGuard
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their résumé in a sealed envelope marked “confidential” detailing related education, qualifications and experience no later than Friday, June 14, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. to:
Roxanne DesRoches, Executive Assistant
Cochrane Telecom Services
153 6th Avenue, Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Town of Cochrane is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call (705) 272-4361 or email the undersigned if you require an accommodation to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.