THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Daily COVID-19 Update for Friday, April 10, 2020
Please see today’s announcement from the Porcupine Health Unit. We have had local cases and urge everyone to stay home and follow the public health measures to protect themselves and everyone else, especially this Easter weekend.
The Porcupine Health Unit is reporting 3 new COVID-19 cases among residents in the health unit area.
The first case is a female in her thirties. The second is a female in her sixties. The third is a male in his sixties. All three were tested on Saturday, April 4th. The current number of confirmed positive cases is now 37. Please see www.phu.fyi/coronavirus for details.
Community transmission of COVID-19 is happening in our area.
• Everyone but essential workers need to stay home.
• Only go out if absolutely necessary to pick up groceries, prescriptions or go to a medical appointment.
• Stay home if you are not feeling well..
Enjoy the outdoors this Easter weekend. You can go for a walk if you:
• Have not been diagnosed with COVID-19
• Do not have symptoms of COVID-19
• Have not travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days
• Go alone or with a member of your household
If you go out for a walk, do not congregate and always practise physical (social) distancing by keeping at least 2 metres apart from others at all times.
This holiday weekend, we all have to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19: limit gatherings to just your immediate household, and avoid travelling between communities for visiting. Do not visit hospitals or Long-Term Care homes. Don’t take a holiday from stopping the spread!
Keep physically distant, but socially close. Stay home if you’re feeling ill. Wash your hands often. Stop the spread.
Stay home, stay well. We’re all in this together.