THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
PRESS RELEASE - MUNICIPAL OFFICE REOPENS
COCHRANE, ONTARIO, July 17, 2020 — The Town of Cochrane is continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation in our region and proactively taking necessary steps to protect the health and safety of our residents and staff. Effective Monday, July 20th, 2020, the municipal office will be reopening to the public as per the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA), R.S.O. 1990 and associated regulations, along with additional outlined requirements with respect to mandatory mask use.
All members of the public who enter or remain in an enclosed public space of business is required to wear a mask or face covering that securely covers their mouth, nose and chin without gasping, and shall continue with the social distancing and sanitization measures in place to protect members of the public and staff.
Everyone’s health and safety is important and we are committed to doing everything we can to ensure our workplace and the broader community remain safe. Therefore, the following steps are being taken:
- Any members of the public feeling unwell are not to enter the building and can contact the office via phone or email.
- Upon entering the building, you will be required to sanitize your hands and put on a face mask, which will be made available.
- There will be a maximum of one (1) public member permitted in the front reception area at one time, one (1) may wait between the two doors and anyone else will be required to wait outside.
- We encourage remote meetings (teleconference or virtual meeting) if possible. However, if you require an in-person meeting, please contact the office to schedule an appointment in advance.
- The drop-box at the front door continues to be available to drop off documents or payments.
Office summer hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Town of Cochrane thanks all residents and visitors for respecting these important guidelines when visiting our office.
For further information please contact:
Mayor Denis Clement, Town of Cochrane
Darren Ottaway, CAO
705-272-4361 ext. 230 (p)