THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Procurement Manager & System Administrator
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager is responsible for the tactical procurement of commodities, supplies, equipment, and services to be used by the organization. This is a Senior Position within the organization, with direct corporate responsibilities. The Procurement Manager coordinates his or her efforts with departmental managers in order to maintain the appropriate level of inventory. This individual will utilize expert knowledge to purchase goods and services that meet quality requirements and specifications at the most favorable price for the municipality, while simultaneously building and maintaining strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee and assist with all daily purchasing activities, for the Town of Cochrane (TOC), Cochrane Telecom Services (CTS), Northern Ontario Wires (NOW), Water and Sewer (W&S).
2. Excellent communication skills with senior management and staff alike.
3. Superior sense and respect of confidentiality and ability to secure and maintain trust across all departments.
4. Monitor ongoing compliance with purchasing policies and procedures.
5. Negotiate long term agreements and programs with key vendors.
6. System Administrator for Vadim Procurement System (Oracle database)
7. Knowledge of Accounting an asset
8. Be an active member of the North Eastern District Buying Consortium (NEDBC) group on behalf of Norther Ontario Wires (NOW)
9. Review and reconcile accounts discrepancies.
10.Coordinate with Accounts Payable to ensure efficient work flow from P.O. to payment.
11.Provide monthly accruals to Account Managers.
12.Responsible for inventory forecast and budget.
13.Responsible for inventory year end closures (CTS, NOW and W&S)
14.Analyzing cost factors.
15.Ensuring the safety of everyone coming through the store and receiving area.
16.Immediate supervisor to stock controller I store keeper.
17.Administer purchasing system (MMS) inventory control all purchasing activities including
requisition process and approvals.
18.Manage (NOW, CTS and W&S) Fleet (renewals, certifications and insurance).
19.Arrange for disposal of surplus materials.
20.Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
21.Represent companies (NEDBC) in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
22.Review, evaluate and approve specifications for issuing and awarding bids.
23.Manage risk relating to quality, cost, delivery and supply of purchases.
1. Obtaining information from all relevant sources
2. Processing information: compiling, coding, categorizing, tabulating and verifying data.
3. Communicating with Directors, Supervisors and Subordinates.
4. Detail Orientated with good time management skills.
5. Analyzing information and using logic to address issues and problems.
6. Integrity: Job requires being honest and ethical.
7. Work with relevant departments to manage inventory requirements.
Desired Minimum Qualifications
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent experience is required.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) accreditation is an asset
- Experience working in regulated industries
- Good computer skills are required;
- Knowledge of MS Office and VADIM Accounting or Oracle based systems;
- Valid driver’s license – Class G;
- Good interpersonal communication and customer service skills required;
- Confidentiality is required – bondable;
- Five years’ minimum experience in purchasing is required;
- Knowledge of utility field an asset; products are governed by 22/04 regulation.
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French).
- Travel may be required
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their résumé in a sealed envelope marked “confidential” detailing related education, qualifications and experience no later than Friday, June 14, 2019 by 4:00 p.m. to:
Roxanne DesRoches, Executive Assistant
Cochrane Telecom Services
153 6th Avenue, Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Town of Cochrane is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call (705) 272-4361 or email the undersigned if you require an accommodation to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.