THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Tourism / Community Channel Director - CochraneTel
Description: CochraneTel is currently seeking a full-time (52-week contract) Tourism/Community Channel Program Director to help develop its Tourism/Community Channel. Candidate requires a wide variety of experience and must be very hands-on in all functional areas including program scheduling, graphic design, content management software, information/news feeds, end-to-end production, and business development. Furthermore, public relations are also an asset. Acting as a single point of contact for the channel, the individual will stay informed of local events, build production calendars, shoot and produce video content, and create/post the final shows on the Tourism/Community Channel. Candidates must thrive working unconventional hours in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and a multidimensional self-starter.
• Promote tourism within the community.
• Produce high quality television programs including live event coverage as well as studio and field-based shows. Number of hours of new video content from end-to-end in final format each week will be determined.
• Establish and nurture contacts within the community in order to engage them in the development of relevant and timely local programming. Cover local events with integrity, accuracy and credibility.
• Produce high quality promos for each production and provide the necessary information for the promotion and publicity of these programs.
• Develop and maintain full knowledge of the available production equipment
• Cultivate positive working relations with internal and external customers.
• Attend and contribute to regular production meetings.
• Perform all required administrative duties including the preparation of a monthly report.
• Graduate of a broadcasting or journalism program (within the last 3 years)
• Must not have previously participated in an internship program and this being first full-time employment.
• Attention to detail and accuracy, as well as excellent time management/organizational skills.
• Excellent editorial judgment and production skills.
• Initiative, responsibility and creativity.
• A solid understanding of community television operations, including technical producing, especially mobile and event coverage.
• A technical proficiency or basic knowledge of necessary software.
• Strong communication skills, (English and French) and interpersonal/ public relations skills
• Ability to work under stress, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Valid class G license with excellent driving and workplace safety records.
• Must be able to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.
Starting Date: To be determined following completion of posting process and interviews.
Compensation: To be determined based on experience.
Interested individuals possessing qualifications are invited to submit their résumé in a sealed envelope, detailing related education, experience and qualifications, no later than Friday June 14th, 2019 by 4:00pm to:
Roxanne DesRoches, Office Manager
Cochrane Telecom Services of the Corporation of the Town of Cochrane
153 6th Avenue,
Cochrane, ON P0L 1C0
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
THIS OPPORTUNITY IS PROUDLY SUPPORTED BY NOHFC
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and is used to determine eligibility for potential employment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, the Town of Cochrane is pleased to accommodate individual needs of applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please call (705) 272-4361 or email the undersigned if you require an accommodation to ensure your participation in the recruitment and selection process.