THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWN OF COCHRANE
Town of Cochrane COVID-19 Response Plan
The Town is taking a pro-active approach to minimize the spread of Covid19 throughout the community.
COCHRANE, ONTARIO, March 13, 2020 — The Town of Cochrane is taking steps to prevent the transmission of the Covid19 virus. While the risk to Cochrane residents is low, we are not immune as a community. The Town recognizes the significant impact this will have on our families, students, seniors and the broader community, but these actions are necessary to keep our people safe.
To slow the spread of Covid 19 and protect our residents the Town of Cochrane will be taking the following actions:
1) Effective March 14 – April 5, 2020 the Tim Horton Events Centre will be closed to the public. Full time staff will be required to report to work and the Town will be taking the time to conduct maintenance activities.
2) Spring break camps for ages 4 -12 at the Cochrane Daycare Centre will be cancelled. Parents who have registered their children will receive a full refund.
3) The Cochrane Daycare Centre (both locations) will be closed to the public effective March 16 – April 5, 2020. This is a provincial directive the Town received this morning.
4) The OSOR oval race that is scheduled to take place March 14 will continue as scheduled, however, the Town will not be opening the pavilion and are discouraging participation in social events.
5) The PBH will be closed to the public until March 14 – April 5, 2020. Full time staff will be reporting to work and the bears health and safety remains a priority.
6) The Town will be restricting public access into municipal office areas, “behind the counter” unless necessary.
7) Business continuity plans for essential municipal employees are in place and key staff will be able to work from home or in socially isolated workspaces. Water systems, emergency response staff continuity plans are in place.
8) Town staff to conduct business using technology such as Go To Meeting or Skype wherever possible.
9) Cochrane Public Library will be closed to the public effective March 14, – April 5, 2020. Residents are encouraged to visit the CPL website for updates on remote services and programs.
Mayor Denis Clement reiterated the Towns commitment to keeping people safe “We understand that closing public facilities is not ideal and will have an impact on peoples lives but these precautions are necessary to keep our residents, especially our most vulnerable people, safe.”
The Town will be using its website and Facebook page to keep residents informed of closures and cancellations.
We thank the public for their patience and understanding during this time of uncertainty.
For further information please contact:
Mayor Denis Clement, Town of Cochrane Denis.email@example.com 705-272-4361 (p)
Darren Ottaway, Chief Administrative Officer Darren.firstname.lastname@example.org 705-272-4361 (p)